Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The good and the bad

Well, we did not get the Consulate Appointment we requested. The American Consulate is closed on the 31st and since they only do adoption swearing-ins on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they are down to two days that week and won't fit us in. Gabriel called and e-mailed but he was told the earliest we could get in would be the 7th of June. I was prepared for this but not without a fight.

I called our Congressmen. Ron Wyden's office took up the fight for me and was going to make contact with the Consulate on our behalf. I talked with them noon yesterday and am waiting to hear a response. It is a bit of a challenge, because of the time difference, they have to call after working hours. I would be thrilled to see them pull this off and not feel so bad come tax time.

Regardless, we are off to China Sunday morning. And hopefully we will all be returning On the 7th of June!

No comments: