Monday, March 29, 2010

Just Kidding...see if you can make sense of this

That document wasn't our VISA approval; it was our I-800 Approval.

Apparently there is another step I was unaware of. We will now wait until we receive a letter from National Visa Center. This letter needs to be sent to our agency as soon as we receive it, since this is needed for the article 5 to be issued. The article 5 letter is basically the US State Department agreeing(again and again and again) with the adoption(I thought they just did in the I-800 approval).  NBC(the Immigration group that just sent us the document in the photo) sends NVC the approval and NVC will send electronically the visa information to US Consulates abroad in 2-3 days from the time they receive it from NBC; in other words, the Consulate may have received the visa information, but they still need a copy of the letter from NVC.

 "I (our agency liason)can give you a time frame based on what happened with one family recently: there were 9 days between the I-800 provisional approval and the letter from NVC(we are at day 11).  It is NOT the travel approval. Travel approval will be sent by CCAA once they have the article 5. I will know the day when CCAA receives the document and will email the liaison to go to CCAA and ask those guys to issue the TA ahead of time; I’ll explain it was a too long time and hope they will agree. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about the Consulate appointment without having the TA, they won’t do anything."

1 comment:

DonnaK said...

Round and round the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel....
Isn't that how our constant paper chasing feels...?

-Donna K.