Thursday, March 18, 2010

Contented Heart, Patient Heart

I have decided we can't secure tickets yet. I really thought I'd just do it, but once again there seems to be a delay in our paperwork for no reason. We should be traveling two months after our Letter of Acceptance and it is now almost two months after our LOA and no travel in sight. We still need U.S. immigration to pass our I-800 provision. It is all protocol but again and again we find ourselves on the longest wait possible for each step. When I contact immigration they tell me I just have to wait. They say they can't "expediate" this process. EXPEDIATE, mind you, we have now waited longer than anyone I've ever heard of for just this part of the process, not even taking into consideration all of our other long waits.

And so I am left to get down on my knees and cry out to the Lord, which is where He wants me to be throughout this whole process. Our adoption journeys have been so intense and it has been our experience we have an Adversary and he hates adoption. We truly feel during these times when we are in the adoption process, "anything and everything you say or do if not completely upright, clear of any offenses, will be held against you".

It is so hard at this time not to compare our journey with other blogger's journeys. But I have to remember this is our life, and God has always had a specific plan for our family.
I think I have a good grasp of "God's timing is perfect". I live it, I walk it, sometimes it makes me crazy, but I do in my inner being believe it.

I am reading a perfect passage for my life for this time.

It is common to hear women bemoaning thier lack of patience as if it were the most difficult gift to pry from God's hand. In fact impatience stems almost solely from our exaggerated notions of what is due us. If we could but lower our estimation of the importance of our time, our plans and our feelsings, we would find ourselves almost automatically more patient.

Patience is a positive trait. It is the ability to bear affliction, delay and interruption with calmness, perseverance and confidence in the goodness of God. It is inward peace as well as outward control. It is the submission of our schedules, our viewpoints, our dreams to the greater plan of God, with the conviction that he has a good reason for every delay he allows to come our way.

Yes!




Springtime view greeting us from our upstairs


Simon's first track meet



As you can see, he was a threat!

No comments: