Thursday, November 5, 2009

Look, look! What a blessing we have been given.




When entering the classroom on the ground floor, at the first sight of Yulei, I feel he is such a little loving boy . I give him a toy dog as a gift and say to him "Lei Lei, this is a gift from Aunt Tiffanie, I hope you will like it..." then he smiles at me and holds the toy dog, giving best poses for pictures. I perform Chinese traditional musical instrument- gourd flute for children, for I would like them to have much joy and happiness from beautiful Chinese music. I have no idea if the children would understand why I do it and if they like my performance, however, I try my best to make the best music for them. Teachers ask everyone to thank me by clapping hands. I am quite moved by these lovely children..

The family I helped come back is very nice, carrying a bunch of gifts for the children. We are so welcomed and very busy to giving gifts to all of the children. I send my pretty gourd flute to them as a gift, really hoping music would be a little help to make the children's everyday colorful and filled of love!
At that moment, I feel the lack of my ability to help those who need help. I want to make more contribution for these poor children in my home town!

We spend a total of almost an hour staying with the children and talking with staff workers there in SWI.  There is no ending banquet in the world, time is to say bye to everybody . Yulei begins to cry, for he wants to go with us, but the director forbids him to leave. Oh, poor Yulei, he is so sad..he crys loudly, refusing to listen to anyone. I come back to him and try to comfort him with candy, however, he hates our departure and turns his back to me. Tears come into my eyes. I feel I am weak inside, for I just could not do anything to help when facing a little sad boy. My last sentence to Yulei is " do you know your parents will come soon to get you, by then you will have lots of gifts and will never be left alone". He nods finally . Oh, God has seen everything, his blessings for children will be infinite!

Best wishes, Tiffanie

2 comments:

Mama Fabun said...

My eyes are welling up, just a little. I'm so excited for you all, Yu Lei included.

xo

diane and leo said...

Thanks Honor! My eyes welled up, just a little, also:)