Thursday, November 12, 2009

Communication with Tiffanie, Fundraising successes and more bags



Comment to Tiffanie and answer from Tiffanie:

It sounds like he has a healthy attachment awareness. I think it is a sad, but good thing he cried and wanted you, who gave him attention, to stay with him. This may mean he will attach to us more easily.

Did you notice any difficulties with his walking or with his hand flexibility? I am thinking he has adapted to his physical handicap and it isn't a problem.

At the first sight of him, I just could not tell any physical difference between Yu Lei and other children . To tell the truth, he walks and moves with hands independently, I should say he does very well. Then I get closer to him and listen to the director's introduction about Yu Lei, and I realize he has problems with his fingers. But,obviously, it does not influence him to catch thing for normal life, at least, I see he holds the toy dog I give him very well, never dropping it to the ground.  His physical handicap does not bring that much negative effect to his life, and this is not a problem for him to be a handsome gentleman, I dare to bet..
Please don't worry if he likes your family, I am sure, he will adjust to his new family well. Since you have a really big family with many children at different ages, this is a precious communicative bridge for him,Yu Lei will love you . If you want any suggestions, I would say carry many gifts to him, toy with music is always children's favorite. I notice that in SWI they don't play music for children. Music brings beautiful feelings to humans; children need it too.  God bless you, everything will be smooth to welcome Yu Lei to your family!


On a raising money for airfare note; thank you to all of you who are helping our girls and boy save for their airfare!

Eva has made about 15 more bags this week and is working so hard. I am very proud of her. She has multiple bags of the same fabric, so although some of the bags pictured have been sold she does have variations. 

Also, Eva can easily add a bottom to the bag or make one taller or shorter.  She is good at special requests.

Thank you to all of you who have supported Lydia in her quest for cans. She has her gloves and wet wipes all ready for our visits to the recycling center. 









 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good!!!