Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mountain Hikes


In August I made a suggestion to my big kids that we should take a trip up South Sister. I was thinking, since I gave them less than a day to decide, they probably would have other plans. Well, that wasn't the case, and so Megs, her bfriend John, Simon and I made the trip. I hadn't done any preparations, and though South Sister is a non-technical hike, it is a mountain. I did fabulous until the last mile of scree. Geesh! I realized I cannot just run up mountains anymore like the young ones. It ended up being a gorgeous day and a fun trip, thanks to John's encouragement and great companions.


In September we had the whole gang home and planned a mountain hike without the intensity. Horse Pasture Mountain is known as an easy climb with spectacular views, just the ticket for getting the whole family up it without complaints. It was leisurely and relaxing and absolutely stunning.







No comments: