Sunday, January 9, 2011

Celebration.

As I'm running I often listen to the same things on my ipod, but the other day I bumped it and an Addison Road song began playing. This has become my song to strive for for the new year. God has blessed our family so abundantly I need to repent daily and open my heart to His greatness. I strive to Celebrate daily glimpses of God in my life and our family's this year.

I made you promises a thousand times.
I've tried to hear from Heaven but I talk the whole time.
I think I made you too small
I've never feared you at all.
If you touched my face, would I know you?
Looked into my eyes could I behold you?
What do I know of you who spoke me into motion.
Where have I even stood but the shore along your ocean.
Are you fire, are you fury, are you sacred, are you beautiful?
So what do I know, what do I know of holy.
I guess I thought that I had figured you out.
I know all the stories and I learned to talk about
How you were mighty to save.
But those were only empty words on a page.
Then I caught a glimpse of who you might be.
The slightest hint of you brought me down to my knees.
So what do I know of you who spoke me into motion.
Where have I even stood but the shore along your ocean.
Are you fire, are you fury, are you sacred, are you beautiful?
What do I know I know of holy
What do I know of wounds that will heal, my shame.
And a God who gave life its name.
What do I know of holy?
Of the one who the angels praise
All creation knows of your name.
On earth and heaven above
What do I know of this love?

No comments: